Giuliana Rancic is a true Renaissance woman. Her many talents include television host, fashion expert, author, and designer. The E! News veteran has made her mark on the fashion industry as co-host of Fashion Police, E! red carpet host for glamorous fetes like the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards, and founder of her enormously successful G by Giuliana clothing line, sold exclusively on HSN.
She proves that being a working mother – and wife – is both inspiring and chic. Here, Giuliana answers our seven favorite fashion questions, including a very clever way to save a bad hair day.
1. You’re asked to host a dinner for 3 of your fashion icons: Where does this stylish soiree take place and who do you invite and why?
The soiree would take place at our special booth at RPM Italian, our restaurant in Chicago, and I would invite Sophia Loren, Valentino, and Brigitte Bardot.
2. Every girl has a bad hair day: What’s your “save-the-day” hair product?
Pomade. I’ll borrow some of my husband’s Kevin Murphy Rough Rider Clay and slick my hair back for a modern look.
3. Hair salon or nail salon: Which visit or service is your can’t-live-without beauty splurge and who takes care of you like no other?
Hair salon. I can’t live without my great hair styling and color team of Yvonne and Melissa Brown at Meche Salon in Beverly Hills.
4. Fill in the blanks: “Growing up, I was so __insecure about my scoliosis__ so I constantly wore __very baggy clothes__.
5. If you could raid anyone’s closet (living or dead), who would it be and why?
Elizabeth Taylor. She had such an fabulous sense of style and was so incredibly glamorous.
7. If you were on your way to a gala and someone stole your entire makeup bag, what product would you scramble to purchase, regardless of country or time of day and why?
Black eyeliner. I like MAC’s Carbon; it’s a powder I apply with a brush. I love a good cat-eye.