Actress and dancer Lex Scott (also known as Alexis) Davis has quite the year ahead of her: She’ll be portraying the ever-so-glamorous Toni Braxton in the upcoming Lifetime biopic Toni Braxton: Unbreak my Heart, premiering on January 23. Can’t wait until Saturday? Neither can we, so we asked Lex to give us some insight into a few of her favorite things, like her save-the-day hair product and why she’d love to raid Rihanna’s closet.
1. You’re asked to host a dinner for 3 of your fashion icons: Where does this stylish soiree take place and who do you invite and why?
Three fashion icons that constantly inspire me are Pharrell Williams, Zendaya Coleman, and Gwen Stefani. I would love to join them for dinner at Barton G in West Hollywood. I’ve actually never been, but because my guests are super edgy and unique, I would like to experience cuisine to match.
2. Every girl has a bad hair day: What’s your “save-the-day” hair product?
My day-to-day hair style is just my natural fro, which most curly girls know by day three, the curls start to appear a bit rough. So what I do, especially if I’m in a rush, is let the hot shower steam refresh the fro while infusing a tiny bit of Shea Moisture’s Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I rub it through with my fingers and pluck my hair out even more. The bigger, the better!
3. Hair salon or nail salon: Which visit or service is your can’t-live-without beauty splurge and who takes care of you like no other?
I usually do my own hair so the nail salon is a MUST! Modern Pamper Salon of North Hollywood has been my go-to nail salon since relocating to LA. I’m there every two weeks.
4. Fill in the blanks: “Growing up, I was a tomboy because I constantly wore baggy clothes and sneakers that I could run outside and play in.
5. If you could raid anyone’s closet (living or dead), who would it be and why?
Rihanna, of course! She owns just about every genre of clothing from head to toe. We have similar tastes in fashion from streetwear to red carpet.
6. Beach or mountains, and what are the three essentials that you pack for this getaway?
I love a beach getaway! Like a true pisces, I love the water. My essentials: No getaway is complete without my iPod, a portable speaker, and a notepad. I love to escape with my pen while listening to music; my best writing comes while taking in minimalistic sounds.
7. If you were on your way to a gala and someone stole your entire makeup bag, what product would you scramble to purchase, regardless of country or time of day and why?
Oh, wow what a nightmare! First I would immediately run to a drugstore or some pharmacy to find a tinted moisturizer or a light foundation, like L’Oreal True Match Foundation, CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara is a must, and Wet N Wild Lip Stains! Super basic, but with these you can pull anything together.