Office or afterparty, for executive babe realness this fall, wear a blazer. The jacket of the moment is a distinct wink to the eighties and nineties working girls. Go for big shoulder pads and don’t shy away from prints. We love the ladylike authority of plaid and stong lines. Embellished or double-breasted, it’s a coat that can take you from uptown to downtown. Trailblazing, indeed.
This oversized silhouette is a street style star. Wear with high-waisted jean, a sleek tee, and western-inspired boots. Or opt for a mini skirt and fresh white sneakers. Either way, if you could be in a John Hughes movie, you’re doing it right.
1. Topshop Check Jersey Boyfriend Blazer ($75)
2. Zara Oversized Double Breasted Blazer ($90)
3. House of Harlow 1960 X Revolve Chloe Boyfriend Jacket ($198)
4. Alice + Olivia Jace Sequin Shawl-Collar Oversized Blazer ($595)
5. Ellery Perfect Pitch Ruffled Pinstriped Crepe Blazer ($2305)
Taking care of business, you may or may not be a billionairess in this flattering cut. For balance, keep a cute camisole handy and girly stilettos.
6. H&M Glittery Jacket ($60)
7. Nasty Gal Fort Knox Double Breasted Blazer ($70)
8. Zara Double-Breasted Blazer With Textured Weave ($119)
9. J. Crew Collection Double-Breasted Velvet Blazer ($298)
10. Balmain Double-Breasted Leather Blazer ($3550)
A little decadence never hurt: Opt for cutouts around the shoulders or embrace faux pearl, sequins, or frill. Eye-catching items require subtle separates, so pair with neutral bottoms and a classic white shirt.
11. Beautiful Halo Sequin Detail Long Sleeve Single Button Blazer ($33)
12. Forever 21 Double Breasted Cutout Blazer ($68)
13. Nasty Gal Mirror Mirror Cropped Blazer ($90)
14. Zara Tweed Jacket With Faux Pearl Button ($149)
15. Monse Cutout Herringbone Wool and Cotton-Poplin Blazer ($2490)
-Written by Amy Turner