With Halloween around the bend, and pumpkins as a key seasonal fruit for fall, we partnered with Morgan Harvey, of I Need Some Mo food blog, for a deliriously delicious autumn breakfast treat: flourless pumpkin chocolate waffles.
“This recipe gets you in the mood for fall,” explains Morgan. “When cold cereal just won’t do, but you still don’t have a ton of time, this recipe will get a warm meal on the breakfast table in a pinch.”
Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Waffles
2 cups of oats
1 1/2 cups almond milk (dairy milk is fine too!)
1/4 c pumpkin butter
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Toppings: additional chocolate chips, butter, and maple syrup
1. Allow Belgium waffle maker to preheat
2. Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend on high.
3. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and pour in half of the batter.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips onto batter (optional) and cook until golden brown.
5. Serve with butter and maple syrup.