A royal wedding is in the future: Actress and activist Meghan Markle just got engaged to her real life prince, Prince Harry. This is the stuff that fairytales are made of! Our hearts are going pitter-patter over that regal ring, and we just can’t get enough of the soon-to-be HRH Duchess of Sussex. We’re especially loving Meghan’s gorgeous, straight strands and beautiful, glowing skin. Luckily, our Content Director had a chance to ask Meagan a few pressing beauty questions – like her favorite products and beauty secrets she’s learned along the way – and we’re publishing the interview in full below.
What are your top 5, can’t-live-without products?
1. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler ($21) – because it makes you look instantly awake.
2. Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment with SPF 15 ($26) – I have searched high and low and tried every kind of lip balm but this is the very best. Soft, kissable, buttery lips. I swear by it.
3. Nars Blush in Orgasm ($30) – a perfect rosy flush tone that brightens the face.
4. Laura Mercier Illuminating Primer ($38) – I don’t wear foundation unless I’m filming so this is what I put on everyday after moisturizer to give my skin a dewy glow. It’s not sparkly, it’s true to its name…”illuminating”.
5. Nivea Skin Firming Hydration Body Lotion ($8) – I use this religiously. It’s honestly my favorite lotion on the market, it’s so affordable, and makes my skin look and feel amazing. I would buy a case of this at a time if I could find it.
What is your all-time favorite product?
YSL Touche Eclat Concealer ($42). It blends, it’s compact, and if you’ve worked a 17-hour day and have nothing else on, you will still look relatively alive. Relatively.
What product do you buy in bulk?
Biore Daily Cleansing Cloths ($8) for the face. They’re great to keep in the car and on your nightstand when you have those horribly lazy nights where the thought of getting up to actually wash your face seems unbearable.
Favorite hair product?
There are two lines I use religiously: Kerastase (Masquintense and the Oleo Relax line) and Wella, which has a hair oil ($40) that I am obsessed with. It smells like vacation and makes your hair slippery and touchable. I love this stuff! It also doubles as a pretty amazing body oil, post-bath.
You moisturize your face with…
Kate Somerville Quench Hydrating Face Serum ($75). I’ve been going to Kate’s clinic in LA for facials for years, and [since I’ve been living] in Toronto for work, I still use the products to maintain that glow that her facials give.
Favorite body product?
I use Dr. Bronner’s Body Wash in Lavender ($11). I love the smell and it lasts for such a long time. The almond scent is quite nice, too, if your prefer something warm and sweet. I alternate between the two.
Favorite beauty secret you’ve picked up along the way?
Drink lots of water, as we all know. But I also learned to add the smallest touch of shimmer to the inner corner of the eye after they’re lined. I use Chanel Cassis Eyeliner ($33) on my upper lash line and water line, and then a touch of shimmer powder adds a brightness and sparkle. Even if I have no makeup on, I am likely to apply concealer and a bit of shimmer to the corners of my eye.
Beauty icon you admire?
Gwyneth Paltrow; I love how she has timeless style and looks chic and polished, but also embraces the effortless “rolled out of bed” look that all of us do on a daily basis. She just happens to do it better. Her makeup and style are spot-on in the direction that I want to go.
Shop The Post: