If New York and London fashion weeks have taught us anything, it’s that lipstick – bold, dark, and highly pigmented – is hot for fall. From the black painted pout at Rihanna’s RTW Fenty Puma Fall 2016 show to the burgundy-red shades seen on the mouths of models at Rodarte and Nicholas K and the berry-stained puckers at Zac Posen and Erdem, the vamp lip is certainly in. Granted, this trend is hardly new; some may remember it from the nineties, the dark lip – and lipliner – look that took the decade by storm.
But here’s why we’re lusting over this reimagined vamp lip today (besides the fact that Beyonce sports it in her Formation video): The spectrum of moody crimson to berry black makes a statement on all lips and all skin tones, from the fairest to the deepest. This trend is literally a one-size-fits-all; now the only thing left is finding your coveted color and consistency of choice. From stains to mattes, here are our top picks.
Shop Our Lust List:
1. Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Vamp It ($2)
2. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry ($5)
3. Simply Vamp Lip Cream in Aphrodisiac ($7)
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Vamp ($18)
5. MAC Lipstick Viva Glam Ariana Grande ($17)
6. MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in High Drama – *this was the exact color used at the Zac Posen show ($20)
7. Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint ($20)
8. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Chianti ($24)